I know that many of you play Clash Royale on your PC, for multiple reasons. Now the thing is, many do it the wrong way and use the wrong tools for it so the result is not a very good gaming experience – that’s why I decided to write this tutorial. I will show you how you can download Clash Royale for your PC (and Mac), what tool works best (it’s NOT Bluestacks!) and how you need to set it up to play it very effectively.
If you already play it on PC, make sure to check out the last part of this guide to see how to play it more effectively! If you use Bluestacks, don’t use it anymore and read the section where show you why.
How To Download Clash Royale For Windows PC & Mac
First of all, Clash Royale is a mobile game, so why should you even try to install it on a Windows PC or Mac? Well, there are many reasons why to do it:
- many don’t have up to date smartphones with large screens or a tablet – Clash Royale sucks on small screens!
- You don’t have an Android or iOS Smartphone, like Windows Phone
- Manage multiple accounts easily
- Some use it at e.g. at work at the office, where they don’t have WiFi/Internet connection on their mobile devices or not allowed to use their mobile devices during working hours
- Play without getting interrupted by messages & phone calls
- Stable recording (Youtubers)
You see there are many reasons and in fact, a big percentage play Clash Royale primarily on a PC! Well, most suffer the same problems:
- lagging gameplay & high performance needed
- difficult setup
Those are problems of the past – I will show you how to do it right in this guide.
Getting Banned For Playing Clash Royale on PC/Mac?
The most important question first, the reason why many don’t try it – are you getting banned for playing Clash Royale on a PC or Mac?
The answer is NO!
I know there are many people out there telling that this will get you banned, but it’s not true. Supercell only stated that they don’t support you in case of problems when you don’t use an Android or iOS device, that’s all.
The thing is, if you do it properly (like shown below in this guide), you will not have any problems. In fact, how often did you need direct support from Supercell? I never needed it in 4 years playing Supercell games, to be honest… and even when I would, I simply wouldn’t tell them that I play on a PC or Mac /they can’t see it anyways.
Attention! Do NOT intall any hacks/mods, this will get you banned! But that will also get you banned when playing on Android or iOS devices…
Step By Step Guide To Play Clash Royale on PC & Mac
The way to do it is not that complicated – you download an emulator on your Windows PC (or Mac) that will simulate an Android device. No fear of getting banned and full game support.
Before we start I’d like to give you some insights to the emulator tools, because I think it’s important for you to know that.
Why Not Bluestacks? Andyroid Is Much Better!
To give you the background, Bluestacks was initially developed to be a tool for app developers to test out their apps without loading it to their mobile devices – that was back in the 2010ish years.
In the beginning of Clash of Clans (you might remember that first really famous Supercell game?), many didn’t have a smartphone to play with, so they simply started using Bluestacks (even if Bluestacks was not intended to be a gaming simulator) simply because it was the only thing that worked.
Today, Andyroid did make an emulator that is designed from the scratch for people who want to play mobile games on their PC & Mac.
The advantages from Andyroid over Bluestacks:
- Easier setup (promised!)
- Much smoother (Bluestacks crashes quite often, Andyroid did not one time for me so far)
- Fewer hardware requirements! Bluestacks is really turning my PC hot as it uses full hardware sources – Andyroid can’t get limited to only use what it needs
If you played Clash Royale with Bluestacks so far, I really recommend trying out Andyroid! TELL YOUR FRIENDS
So, now enough of all the background and talking, let’s set you up with Clash Royale on your PC or Mac!
Step 1: Get Andyroid on your PC/Mac
Ok first of all, you will need to download Andyroid and install it.
Please wait until the installer finished successfully.
Then start Andyroid from your PC or Mac.
Step 2: Login Your Account (or start a new one)
First of all, you will set your language settings and then it will ask you if you want to use your Google Play Account or create a new one:
- If you want to use your exciting Clash Royale Account, you will need to log in with your existing Google Play Account
- If you want to start a new Clash Royale Account (or secondary account), you will need to create a new one
- If you are playing in iOS, you will need to link your device (Clash Royale app -> Settings -> Link App -> This is the OLD device). You will have to create a new Google Play Account (if you do not own one already) and then link the Clash Royale accounts.
Now you’re set up and ready to install Clash Royale.
Step 3: Get Clash Royale Installed
Now open up the Google Play Store.
Normally, you’ll see Clash Royale right at the start – if not, simply search for Clash Royale at the top.
Choose “install” and wait until Andyroid has been installing Clash Royale.
You can now play, but I recommend you to also check the settings from step 4.
Step 4: Configuration
Actually, you would be able to play now, but here’s how you should set up your Andyroid install to get the best experience – I highly recommend you to do this!
Adapt Hardware Resources
Andyroid will not need more than 1024 MB of memory and 2 CPUs (if you’re using a desktop PC, you can also choose 1 CPU as they are stronger than notebook CPUs). You can set it up in the “Virtual Box” settings – Andyroid will set this at the start automatically, but it doesn’t hurt to double check it.
Setup Keyboard Support
Playing with keyboard hotkeys will make your life a lot easier because you can use them to select your cards without leaving the battlefield with your cursor.
This should also be set and you can see it when you start Clash Royale in Andyroid.
You’re now set to play the game, so have fun 🙂