A lot of people planning to get a certification in Microsoft MCSA and MCSEare at a loss as where to start. Ordinarily,the target candidates are IT professionals involved in the provision of Office 365,such as evaluation, planning, deployment, and operation. In order for one topassthe 70-346 exam, he/she should have enough background knowledge in Office 365 Admin Centre anda good grasp in Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Azure Active Directory, Skype for Business Online, and Office 365 ProPlus. Here we discuss how to pass the 70-346certification test by providing workable tips on how to prepare and revise for the exam and highlighting the best websites and books for training courses.
70-346: Tips for Passing
Passing the Microsoft 70-346 exam has been a challenging task for most candidates.These tips to Pass the Microsoft 70-346 exam may help you pass the test at the first attempt.
The first thing you need to do is prepare properly for the exam. Ensure you have acquired all the right studymaterials and exam dumps – this will allow you revise the materials in time. Allocate at least two months of study time which includes two weeks of revision to avoid a last-minute preparation, as it creates tension and reduces your confidence during the exams. It is important to confirm that all the resources in your possession are up-to-date, as the test requirements keep changing all the time. Revising with outdated materials is one of the main reasons why the candidates fail this exam. In addition, having good hands-on experience in the area will come in handy.
70-346: Training Courses
Basically, the candidates will be tested on the following areas, each of which makes up 15-20% of the exam as per the December 2017 changes:
- Provision Office 365. This includes provision tenants, adding and configuring custom domains, and planning a pilot.
- Plan and Implement Networking and Security in Office 365.This section involves configuring DNS records for services, enabling client connectivity to Office 365, managing administrator roles in Office 365, and administering Microsoft Azure rights management services.
- Manage Cloud Identities. This area touches on configuring password management, managing user and security groups, and managing cloud identities with Windows PowerShell.
- Implement and Manage Identities using Azure AD Connect requires preparing on-premises AD for AD connect, setting up connect tool, and managing Azure groups and users.
- Implement and Manage Federation Identities requires planning requirements for AD Federation services installation and managing servers for AD Federation services and WAP.
- Monitor and Troubleshoot Office 365 availability and usage.This section involves analysing reports, monitoring service health, and isolating service interruption.
70-346: Top Resources
A candidate would need to check the following resources to successfully pass the 70-346 certification exam:
- Video training courses. Different websites discussed below provide video training courses that are critical for revision purposes. These are a must-have if you are to pass your exam.
- Revision guides.There are various revision guides available online which are below.
- Coursework reference book. This is a very important material sourceas it will guide you on what you need to study and what areas to focus on.
- Home labs. It would also be very valuable to have a full home lab to help you obtain hands-on experience. Those who are not able to run a home lab can still use a virtual one from such sites as CBT Nuggets, Technet,VirtualMicrosoft, or Boson Labs.
- Mentored learning. This refers to a training centre where people watch video-based classroom sessions that areaccompanied byinstructors to answer any questions.
- Study groups and forums. Joining a study group or forum enables you to learn from different people by sharing experiences. It also helps gain insight from those who have already passed the exams.
- Other resources include practice exams, flashcards, and braindumpsthat are also important for revision.
70-346: Best Websites
There are many websites offering video training courses for the MCSE and MCSA exams. However, if you are wondering which ones to use for your revision, these are the sites to check first`:
- PrepAway.com: Microsoft 70-346 70-347 MCSA, MCSE, MCP, MTA Certification Dumps. This website is one of the most recommended sites offering a wide range of video training courses. The video provided are relatively short and straight to the point yet detailed thus easy to revise and memorize. The site is also very affordable charging around $30 per month or $299 per year, but a free trial is available for up to three months.
- CBT Nuggets. This site is equally helpful with easy-to-use videos. Their videos are a bit detailed and engaging thus giving more depth especially for those who are ill-prepared. Their virtual labs,which are provided for every video,help integrate theory into practice for a more wholesome revision. It is therefore a good option for those who don’t have their own personal labs, though its subscription can be quite expensive.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy. MVA is a complete online school offering free training courses forthe MSCE and MCSA certifications. The site is greatly user-friendlywith many language options for easy browsing. It offers a host of videos and presentations, some of which you can download for later use. This site is particularly useful at the beginning of your exam preparation andduring revision.
70-346: Best Books
In order to pass the 70-346 exam, it is critical to read the official books. Amazon provides a number of official books for the MCSA and MCSE certifications. We recommend the Exam Ref 70-346 Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements, 2ndEdition.This is the single most helpfulguidefor this certification testand a must-have for all candidates, as it covers all topics exhaustively and provides diagrammatic demonstrations on the practical section. Other books that can also be helpful in learning about Office 365 areMicrosoft Office 365 Administration Inside Out Paperback and Essential PowerShell for Office 365: Managing and Automating Skills for Improved Productivity.