Clash Royale does quite frequently balancing changes to make underused cards more viable and to make cards with a lot of power a little weaker in order to keep the game balanced. In this article, you can check out the latest news regarding balancing change in Clash Royale. Of course, I will also give you my opinion how these changes will change the meta in the game.
!!!Check out here the LATEST Balancing Changes!!!
Balancing Changes December 15th, 2016
Elite Barbarians: Hitpoints +19%, Damage +14%, Hit Speed to 1.4sec (from 1.5sec)
- We undershot their power at launch and want to do some pretty big changes to make them really elite! With these changes they’ll hit harder and faster, while being tougher to take down.
Tornado: Radius +10%, stronger pulling power
- Tornado can create some really fun and interesting interactions, but it’s currently hard to use consistently. A bigger radius and increased pulling power opens up more opportunities for successful Tornado-ing!
Inferno Dragon: Hitpoints +5%, re-targets 0.4sec quicker
- Inferno Dragon’s use rate is very low at the top, so we think there’s room for a few more Hitpoints – he’s wearing a mean-looking helmet after all! Quicker re-targeting will make him less vulnerable to distraction.
Balloon: Death Damage +105%, Death Damage explosion radius +50%
- When your Balloon reaches the opponent’s tower it’s huge, but when it doesn’t it’s a bit of a flop. Increasing the Death Damage, so that it kills Goblins and even Archers, will allow the Balloon to have a more consistent impact in the Arena.
Wizard: Hit Speed to 1.4sec (from 1.6sec), initial attack comes 0.2sec slower
- As a 5 Elixir card that can be killed by Lightning (in a relatively Lightning heavy meta), the Wizard needs some more power to be worth the risk.
Giant Skeleton: Damage +8%
- Everyone’s favorite oversized skelly with a bomb is back! Hopefully. His use rates are on the lower end of the spectrum, and we’re still thinking about interesting ways to make him more appealing; but in the meantime, a small damage increase to help him punch his way through a pack of Goblins will be a nice addition.
Lumberjack: Hitpoints +6%
- More Hitpoints will allow him to survive longer and give your supporting troops enough time to get in range of his Rage!
Bomber: Damage +4%
- This change will allow the Bomber to one-shot Archers, which should make room for him in some decks.
Mortar: Boulder explosion radius +11%
- The Mortar’s boulders will land with a bigger splash, damaging a larger area. We’re aiming to make Mortar gameplay more reliable, without increasing its power levels too much.
Mirror: Level 8 Mirror will create max level +1 cards (again)
- We’re reverting this temporary fix.
These are, in my opinion, the balancing changes related to the most recent new card releases. The Clone Spell adds many new options into the game so the Balloon will be one of the most effective combination to use with the Clone Spell.
The Tornado will become one of the best things to counter the Clone Spell int he future, so this buff will help balancing the power of the Clone Spell.
The buff for the Elite Barbarians was just overdue since they didn’t offer enough effectivity for the high costs. With the buff, that is pretty big, I assume that Elite Barbarians will become one of the most used cards in the next week.