Clash Royale does quite frequently balancing changes to make underused cards more viable and to make cards with a lot of power a little weaker in order to keep the game balanced. In this article, you can check out the latest news regarding balancing change in Clash Royale. Of course, I will also give you my opinion how these changes will change the meta in the game.[tweet_box design=”default” float=”none”]Come back here to see upcoming balancing changes to Clash Royale – confirmed and also leaked ones.[/tweet_box]
Balancing Changes March 13th, 2017
In this round of balancing changes, Supercell will take a look at the some cards, but nothing very big to change the whole meta.
Executioner: Axe hit radius +10%
- We’re returning some of his former glory – his original lane control power – to compensate for the upcoming bug fixes.
The Log: Damage -4%, Range to 11.1 (from 11.6)
- A bit less chip damage to towers and slightly shorter range will help tone down this highly used card.
Arrows: Projectile speed +33%
- Your Giant is often dead by the time Arrows land on the Minion Horde attacking him… so we’re making them fly a bit quicker, seeing as not everyone is a Jedi.
Clone: No longer resets charging troops (Princes, Sparky, etc.)
- This is a nice quality of life improvement for the underused Clone spell. Troops affected by a Clone will no longer stop charging – be it a charging Prince or a charging-up Sparky. However, the Clones themselves will start charging from scratch, as if just deployed.
Lumberjack: Rage Duration +1.5sec and +0.5sec per level
- This change is for consistency with the Rage spell, but it also serves as a little boost to the Lumberjack.
Bomb Tower: Projectile speed +66%
- A slight boost to help the Bomb Tower hit faster moving targets.
Electro Wizard: No longer permanently stuns
- This is a fix and clarification of the stun/freeze mechanics: All stun/freeze effects will now pause the target’s attack, causing them to retarget when they resume. Exceptions are Sparky, Inferno Tower and Inferno Dragon, which will still be reset by stun/freeze effects.
Tornado: Can be placed on top of buildings
- Tornado still won’t deal any damage to buildings (or pull them), but at least you’ll be able to play it directly on top of them if you wish!
These balancing changes are not that big and only take back the Log a little bit and encourage to the Clone Spell and the Tornado more. I’m glad about the Electro Wizard fix, since his permanent stun agianst my Bowlers have been very annoying so far.
I personally don’t see a big change in the meta and the Log will still be a very popular Card to use and the most popular Cards right now won’t see any changes in my opinion, but we’re heading towards even bigger changes anyway: